What is the campaign about?
The Forerunners campaign encourages employers to develop family-friendly policies and their employer image.
Family-friendly values are modern management. We want to develop equality in the Finnish working life, and to promote the best family-friendly employers and their practices. Equality and employer image are made in deeds. It is time for a change.
More information about the campaign: +358 295 666 837 or email@example.com
How do family-friendly values materialise?
Family-friendly values manifest themselves in the best workplaces as strategic choices and a value, as well as diverse practices and concrete solutions. Forerunning employers understand that family-friendly values engage employees, add prosperity and thus benefit the entire organization.
Good family-friendly practices:
- Good and lawful recruitment practices in which family situation does not affect the selection of employees
- Employees are encouraged to exercise their right to family leave
- Practices of family leave are known to all employees
- Discussions between the supervisor and the employee leaving for family leave
- Communication during the family leave according to the wishes of the employee on family leave
- Return discussions and induction, when an employee comes back from parental leave
- Family-friendly values as part of progress reviews
- The development of flexibility concerning family situations, and informing about it
- Management as an example: also management uses family leave when relevant
- Training management and supervisors on the legislation of family leave
- Goal-oriented equality planning which takes into consideration family-friendly values and practices associated with family leave as part of the organisation's activities, development and management